Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Sunday, June 11, 2006


PEOPLE


One of the most interesting things in this world to think about, observe, and experience, is people. People are complex, yet so many of the things we struggle with can be traced back to the same root. People are fulfilling, and people are draining. People are individual. How often do I really stop and think about the unique hopes, dreams, scars, hurts, and special personality under that pretty face, that confident façade or that terrified mask? Aren’t first impressions funny? Just yesterday a friend and I were discussing our first impressions of each other the first time we met. We were both intimidated and thought we’d never be able to have a conversation with each other or be friends. Of course now we can laugh at these first impressions and see we were quite wrong. I wonder how often we miss the amazing experience of really knowing someone and watching the Master Artist at work as He begins or perfects another one of His masterpieces because we are too proud, too scared, too whatever to go any deeper. What an amazing thing to even have the privilege of being a part of that process… even if that just means watching, praying, and enjoying. So for my very first blog entry… I would like to openly admire God’s handiwork in all the people in my life. And if you are reading this, most likely you are one of those people. (Thanks for stopping by… by the way.) I am so glad God put you in my life, and I so enjoy watching Him as He continues to add special touches to the canvases and symphonies of your lives, or maybe as He is just beginning. Job well done God!

Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you go, girl!! What made you do this TODAY? Very nice job! I'm proud of you. Now you realize we'll all be wanting your thoughts right? (No pressure though.)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I was totally gonna assign this to you at bible study tomorrow. But of course you're one step ahead of me. Great thoughts! You're happiness, kindness and love are beaming through your words. Welcome to blogging!!!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home