Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A PRAYER

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today. Not the shiny kind that hang on the wall and tell you you need to work out a little more. (Although I have those too.) No... a different mirror... God's Word.

"That can't be me." I thought... but I looked again. It was me. I saw things that could never be covered up with just a litle more makeup. I saw my selfishness, pride, insecurity, critical spirit, fear, worry, anger... and then I had to look away because it was too much.

"So much for that Lord. I thought you could use me but look how mangled I am. I'm filthy and slimy, and probably a little stinky too. Forgive me Lord... I'm all messed up again"

Kara... look again.

"I can't Lord it's too horrible! I thought I could do this but I just keep messing up! I can't do anything right," I whined as I squeezed my eyes shut in determination.

Look again.

I opened up one eye cautiously... and the picture had changed. Written on the mirror now were these words...

"for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust... but from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him," Psalm 103:14,17

I see... that's me Lord... just dust. Thank you for your mercy, which I can never deserve. Can you clean me up Lord? "create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me,"

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Thank you God

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm. . .It's tough being us, isn't it? Thank you for the reminder that God sees us as we are, cleans us up in His Son's blood and loves us lavishly. I am nothing, yet in His eyes I am precious. Thank you, Kara, for helping me remember I am taken care of. Much love, my friend!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, both your and tami's entries really hit home with me today. Last night I felt just like you did. All mangled and broken. In fact, I was too scared to open my Bible or to talk to God. I felt too dirty and too worthless to face him. Your post is true though. You put a much needed tiny glimmer of hope in my day. I thank the Lord for the blessing of your friendship.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read all the posts so far and this one is my favorite! So many times we shy away from God because we can not understand how He could use us. You do a great job of drawing us back to God's word and helping us to see what He says. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home