Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wow...

You know what I find amazing about God? I can come to him any time.

I don't have to wait until my attitude turns from Scrooge to Polyanna; I can be honest with Him and ask for His help in correcting it.
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me... restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:10,12.

I don't have to wait until I figure everything out; He wants to give me understanding.
"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:8

I don't have to hide what I'm ashamed of; I can let Him heal my brokenness when I am honest about my sins and my wounds.
"But you, O Sovereign Lord, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me." Psalm 109:21-22.

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:1-2.

I don't have to leave a message or call back later; He is waiting to talk with me every moment of the day.
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8

I don't have to struggle to explain my confusion, frustration or pain; He's the one who made me.
"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31:7


"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." Hebrews 10:19-22.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Amen, Kara.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home