Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

When Life Beats You Up

It was late, I was tired, and I should have been asleep. But I wasn't. I sat up in bed staring at nothing, my light still on, my Bible in my hand. I was exhausted, but I couldn't get them out of my mind. One by one I saw faces of dear friends in my mind. My insides almost hurt. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I felt like I was handcuffed on the outside of the ring, watching life deliver a swift jab in the stomach, knocking the wind out of them.

God, help! Fight for them!
I am.
God I know Your timing is perfect... but what are you waiting for? Can't you fix it?
I am.
They're getting beat to a pulp in there, I don't understand!
I am.
Why is this so hard Lord? How do we survive this?
I am.

What does that mean? Here's a few verses that gave me a very small, yet big idea:

"Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." Revelation 1:17-18

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end," Revelation 22:13

And this was my favorite out of this group...

And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost."
Revelation 21:3-6 (italics mine).

So how do we survive? We choose to remember WHO is fighting for us. We choose to remember... we've already won! We choose to remember, this is not the final chapter. We choose to believe, even when we can't see, He is making all things new.

As I thought about these verses, I realized God didn't choose to show them to me the night I was struggling with all this. Instead, He prepared me slowly, showing me these words at the end of the week. During that time, He confirmed my inability, so that I could come to rest in His ability. Nothing new I guess... but it never seems to get old either.



2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Kara, I am continually amazed at your wisdom, grace and compassion. God IS fighting for us. He is I AM. There is no need to be afraid. We need to keep choosing to believe the Truth. He is slowly renewing each of us. Wow, girl!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serious wisdom being shown here. I'm very impressed. Great verses to keep in mind that I haven't looked over in a while. In this entry I really enjoyed your honesty. The beginning really came from your heart. One of your many great qualities is your empathy and compassion for others. You really feel for your friends and family. That is something that makes you really special.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home