Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Sunday, October 15, 2006



Changes

Nothing stays the same. Life changes. The weather changes, people change, even the trees get tired of wearing green and trade it in for a new look in the fall. Sometimes change is exciting and fun. Other times, it's downright rotten. It can also be scary. I'm learning to drive a stick-shift. When I'm on a big hill and a person pulls up close behind me, I get a little tense. "Am I going to roll backwards into them? Can I make it through this light? I don't like this!" It may be a little thing, but it seems pretty scary at the time! It's another change. Sometimes I think about changes in the future, and I get scared. I think, "Lord I don't want to get old and watch my family and friends get to heaven before I do." Or, "What's this country going to be like in 20 years, when I'm a grown up?" I don't know the answers to those questions, and they still unsettle me at times. However, because of all these constantly changing variables in my life, I have come to truly appreciate that which does not change.

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:23-24

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:28-29

"...God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'the Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" Hebrews 13:5-6

"I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:2

"For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:3

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:3,5

Even though change stinks sometimes, at least it makes us realize how incredible it is to have unchanging promises, and most importantly an unchanging relationship with the God of the universe.

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Thanks for the great verses, Kara. I needed to hear them this morning. I may be reading them over and over today.

I, too, hate change, but it seems to be the only constant in life besides our Lord. Yet another reason to praise God for His faithfulness.

Good to see you posting more often, my friend. I love you.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love love the last verse, the others were excellent, too. I absolutely despise change, you can ask my boss at the theatre. If he changes anything he knows he's gonna get it from me. But I have to admit some things change for the better, we just have to hold on to that which does not change. Great words, friend.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

turns out we have some of the same fears. but it is all going to happen regardless, and i wonder what we will learn from it all.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home