Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Friday, January 04, 2008

I've been thinking about this blog post for a long time. It's been several months... not days, months since my last one. "This one better be good after all that time," I thought to myself. Several ideas almost materialized, and may yet someday. Several times I've come very close to writing a "what I've learned," blog. But tonight I felt the need to post these simple words. The past few months have been some of the hardest, for myself and for some people who are very dear to me. I think my trouble getting this blog written reflects the trouble I have condensing life sometimes. Frankly, quite often it doesn't make sense. But at the end of the day, or in the early hours of the morning, I am left with simply this:

"In Christ alone my hope is found;He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—Here in the love of Christ I stand."

No I didn't write it, but if you Google it you can find the rest of the words. It's a song that I learned at JBU, and it always seems to come back to me at very crucial moments to remind me of some very important truths.

You are all we have Lord. Thank you for never letting go. Keep us close. We need You every second of the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Mmmm. . .reminds me of another song by Matt Redman.

Oh no, You never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, You never let go, in every high and every low, Oh no, You never let go. Lord, You never let go of me.

Hang in there, Kara, and comfort yourself in knowing God works in the tough stuff.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home