Diving In

Thoughts about Life and God... and everything in between

Name:
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska, United States

Love to write, love music, love peole... just trying to figure out what direction God wants me to go one day at a time.

Thursday, July 06, 2006


Can we talk?

You know that saying, "they haven't got a prayer?" Well tonight, that's all I've got. :) You can eavesdrop if you want.

God, I'm a little tired tonight. Physically and emotionally. But I feel a need to talk with you. I don't know exactly what to say, but I know I need to talk to You. Lord I don't deserve to talk to you. I've said and done stupid things today... like many days. I was horrified at some of the things that came out of my mouth and ran through my mind today. I asked for your forgiveness, talked to you about it, and still I'm ashamed. I never have deserved, never can deserve to come before You. But, I know you declared me clean and okay before you the day I put my trust in You to do it, and I know you are still faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness, when I bring my dirt to you (see 1 John 1:9). I choose to hang onto that truth Lord, even when I don't feel it. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus," Romans 8:1. You also ask me to come talk to you Lord, and I thank you for these words you spoke to me this morning from Your Word,
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10:22).

Thank you so much that you care about what's going on in our lives. You ask us to bring it to you so many different places. I just love these reminders of how much you care:
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Ps. 68:19
"By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me-- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 1:9

How can I doubt when you have given me so many examples? And you even say to me,

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:6

What an amazing thought God. Thank you for your care and concern.


God I feel so lost some days. One minute I can be praising you, and the next I can be completely irritated by somebody or something and saying or doing something I know wouldn't bring a smile to your face. Can you still use me? Can you salvage something from the messes I make?

Answer:
"Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways." Psalm 25:8

That's me God. I need you, I need your guidance. Thank you that you are bigger than my messes.

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5
"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me." Ps. 31:2-3

Answer:
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you." Psalm 32:8-9

Thank you Lord. Help me not to be stubborn when you show me the way. Make my heart ready to follow You.

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14

What an adventure God. To have you as my guide each day, waiting to see what will come next. What a part you have graciously granted me to play as you work in me to make me, "more than a conqueror" Romans 8:37. Help me to see the challenges that arise each day as an opportunity to watch You take the impossible and make it possible, to take the confusion and make sense, to take the broken and make it whole, and the ugly and make it beautiful. (Including me.) :) I get to be Your partner! Your sidekick. Your ambassador. To love, appreciate and rub shoulders with the unique people you have created, and invite them to "saddle up their horses" and be a part of the most amazing adventure they could possibly imagine... a one-on-one relationship with You. And the best part of all that Lord, is watching you do miracles in the hearts of the people I care about. I haven't seen any water turned to wine yet, but I've seen You do some amazing things in peoples lives, including mine.

Lord, my time here is so short. Help me not to waste it. Make what You want with me. Use this jar of clay to somehow be a picture frame to display Your glory, Your mercy, truth, grace, love, and beauty. "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

For each person who reads this now, and for all my dear friends I plead for your peace in their hearts tonight. Give them rest from the stresses that fill their day. Give them peace from the anxieties that weigh them down. Fill them with wisdom for each difficult decision they face. Strengthen and protect their hearts from the deceitfulness of sin. Give them the eyes to see the small gifts you send them every day, and fill them with your joy. Fill them with You, fill them to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:19).

Thanks for talking Lord. You've done it again. Thanks for the miracle you just did in my heart... unwinding and untangling me, reminding me who I am... and most importantly who You are.

" Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I, too, feel lost sometimes. I don't understand what I'm doing here. Some days I feel I make a difference and others it seems I'm only spinning my wheels. My moods can change so quickly. I can feel joyful one moment, yet one phone call or encounter can bring me crashing down. I often wonder, "What's the point, God?" I guess that's not for me to know. The good thing about it is that it forces me to draw near to Him. I am SO aware of my need for Him and so thankful He sees more in me than I do.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say Amen to your prayer. I completely related. At the end of my day I really wonder why God considers me worthy to come into his presence and speak with him. Didn't he see what I did today? I am also surprised some days at what thoughts come to my mind and what words come flying out of my mind. Praise our God of patience who persists in improving us day by day, baby step by baby step. I think it's good for us to stand back and say "Lord, I'm worthless without you." That way it's easy to see his work in us.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home